You know what’s terrific on the Saturday before a major holiday? For your hot water heater to decide to crack and pour water all over everything, at 8:30 at night. Love that. I’m still making the list, though.
I am thankful for:
- a spouse who knows enough plumbing to deal with the water heater
- a spouse who was thinking ahead when he installed the last one, 5 years ago, and made is so installing the new one could be easier
- shopping that went mostly okay today
- gingerbread houses
- the dishes being done BEFORE the water heater died
- friends who have offered us hot water
- being home when the water heater crapped out rather than being out of the house and coming home to disaster.